The auburn/cayuga NAACP events:
The Auburn/Cayuga branch is dedicated to providing the community with the proper information to continue the work of our “Game Changers.”
Annual events such as the Freedom Fund Gala, The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Millennium Luncheon, the School Supply Give-a-way.
Check back often for new updates!
Join us for the Virtual
CNY Freedom Fund Dinner
Save the Date for our Virtual CNY Freedom Fund Dinner on October 24, 2020, at 5 p.m. We are uniting with our NAACP brothers and sisters in Syracuse/Onondaga and Rome, N.Y. to pursue justice and defeat hate!
VIRTUAL "IN HOME" BANQUET
The price of your ticket grants you access to the event, a one-year membership in the NAACP (open to EVERYONE), and a 4-course meal from Auburn’s Cafe 108. Pick up your meal during the afternoon of October 24th and join us at 5:00 pm for the Virtual Freedom Fund Banquet!!
* 1 Ticket for $55.00 Cash or Check or $57.00 by Credit Card (Includes Membership & a four-course dinner for pick up from Cafe 108)
* 2 Tickets for $100.00 Cash or Check or $105.00 by Credit Card (Includes Membership & 2 four-course dinners for pick up from Cafe 108)
* Table of 10 people for $540.00 Cash or Check or $565.00 by Credit Card (Includes Memberships & 10 four-course dinners for pick up from Cafe 108)
Our Featured Guests…
PURPOSE OF THE FREEDOM FUND BANQUET
The NAACP Freedom Fund began in 1953 (on a national level) as a ten-year program to intensify efforts to complete the job of emancipation. Near the culmination of this effort, Medgar W. Evers, a heroic NAACP Mississippi Field Secretary, was killed by an assassin’s bullet. This prompted the NAACP Chairman Bishop Stephen Spottswood to pay tribute to this gallant warrior at the NAACP Convention in Chicago, Illinois in July 1963. He did so by proclaiming that the NAACP Fighting Fund for Freedom will continue until the job of emancipating our people is complete.
* Annual Freedom Fund Gala
* Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Millennium Luncheon
* School Supply Give-A-Way
* UNMUTED Series
* CIvic Engagement: Mayoral Candidate Forum, Auburn City Council Candidate Forums, 24th District Congressional Candidate Forum
“Women, if the soul of the nation is to be saved, I believe that you must become its soul.”
Coretta Scott King